Don’t let all the greenness turn you away, this pesto pasta is mouth-wateringly delicious!
My favourite part is the pesto sauce, it has the perfect combination of nuttiness from the pine nuts and sweetness from the basil, it’s seriously SO good!
I’ve used a mix between green pea and traditional wheat pasta for extra fibre, protein and taste. But you can totally just use one type of pasta if that’s what you have on hand
Short on time?
Use the Leggo’s basil pesto instead
The pasta keeps well in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 1 bunch basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 500 g chicken breast
- 2 cups peas
- 200 g green pea pasta I used Pastai Vegan Green Pea Casarecce from woolworths
- 200 g casarecce pasta or gluten free pasta
- 120 g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat a frying pan on high heat, add the olive oil, then add the chicken breast and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet instructions
- Blend the pesto ingredients together
- Once the chicken is cooked mix through the baby spinach and peas and water
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce and serve. I serve mine with Parmesan cheese and chilli flakes, delicious!
For more main meal recipes, click here