Who has time on a busy weeknight to cook an elaborate 10 step recipe with sides? 100%, not me!
Which is why I love creating meals that are quick and easy but are still super delicious, and of course healthy
You’ll only need 8 ingredients for this one, and two of those are salt and pepper… so it’s really a very simple recipe!
Although it’s simple, you could also totally impress some dinner party guests with this seafood pasta, a glass of wine and some garlic bread. What a combo 😍
I’ve used prawns, but you could use any type of seafood, like squid, scallops, or mix seafood, whichever you prefer or is on sale.
If you’re gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta and ensure your seafood isn’t coated in anything
It’s very un-Italian, but I also add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top!
This seafood pasta recipe works great for meal prep. Make a batch at the start of the week for lunches, or have delicious leftovers from dinner. Store the portions in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Quick and Easy Seafood Pasta
- 350 g spaghetti or gluten free pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 punnets cherry tomatoes halved
- 500 g prawns or mixed seafood
- 120 g baby spinach
- Boil a pan of water for the pasta and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot add the olive oil and garlic and cook for ~1 minute. Then add the cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the prawns to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until they start to become pink. Then, add the baby spinach and cook until it is wilted.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the pan and toss to combine. Then serve!