The cheesiest, gooiest, BEST Vegetarian Lasagna for dinner tonight. All of the goodness of classic lasagna, but lightened up with zucchini, roast pumpkin and ricotta.
A bit of a healthy twist on the classic feel-good dish! & even better, it can be made ahead of time and frozen for when you need a quick weeknight dinner. It will also keep well in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
Zucchini Pumpkin & Ricotta Lasagna
- 600 g pumpkin
- 8 lasagna sheets or gluten free sheets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 500 g light ricotta
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 2 zucchinis sliced 1/2 cm thick
- 1/2 cup cheese shredded
- Preheat an oven to 200c.
- Chop the pumpkin into 1/2 cm thick slices and lay flat on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Roast for 15 minutes
- In a bowl, mix together the passata, basil, garlic and tomatoes.
- To assemble, place 2 1/2 lasagne sheets on the base of a deep baking dish. Top with 1/3 of the ricotta, and then place a layer of zucchini slices followed by pumpkin on top. Add 1/3 of the tomato mixture and continue step 4 for the remaining layers.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and cover with aluminium foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for another 35 minutes.
For more main meal recipes, click here