Every time I make this I forget how good it is! It’s like banana bread, but 10 times better!
Super light and fluffy and spiced with cinnamon – delicious! My favourite part is the cream cheese icing though, YUM!
If you’re gluten free you can use gluten free flour. The rice malt syrup can be swapped for any other liquid sweetener like honey or maple syrup
The loaf freezes really well, so you can make it in bulk for a quick and easy snack another day
Pumpkin and Walnut Loaf
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin chopped
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground giner
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- Boil a pan of water and add the pumpkin
- Once soft, mash the pumpkin and set aside
- Mix together all wet ingredients, then add dry ingredients
- Mix in the mashed pumpkin
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake at 160c for 55 minutes
- Once the loaf is cool, mix together the icing ingredients (except walnuts) and spread over the top.
- Add the chopped walnuts and serve!
For more dessert recipes click here