A classic pasta dish made healthier, without compromising on taste!
This recipe is perfect for anyone who is dairy-free and craves cheesy creamy pasta or for anyone who struggles to eat enough veggies. Yep, the sauce is made from a vegetable and I promise you wouldn’t even be able to tell!
The pasta keeps well in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
I’ve used regular white pasta but you can use wholemeal pasta for extra fibre or gluten free pasta
To make the recipe vegan, omit the bacon and swap it from some pan-fried chickpeas
Healthy Cheesy Dairy Free Carbonara
- 450 g cauliflower cut into florets
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups water
- 8 rashers short cut bacon diced
- 120 g baby spinach
- 300 g fettuccine
- Preheat an oven to 200c. Place the cauliflower on a lined baking tray and bake for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to packet instructions
- Sauté the diced bacon in a large frypan over medium to high heat until lightly browned
- Blend the roasted cauliflower with cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, pepper and water until smooth
- Add the cauliflower sauce and baby spinach to the frypan, stirring until the spinach is wilted.
- Drain the pasta and add to the frypan, mixing it all together. Then serve & enjoy
For more main meal recipes, click here