One of my favourite childhood dinners was ‘sticky chicken’, essentially chicken drumsticks with a sticky Thai marinade. I’ve tried to recreate that recipe here and I think I’ve nailed it!
Use microwave rice and frozen veggies for a super-duper quick weeknight dinner
The entire meal keeps well in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
You can swap the drumsticks for any other cut of chicken like wings, breast of thigh – whichever is on special of your family prefers
Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp lemongrass finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 6 cups mixed green vegetables steamed
- Preheat an oven to 200c. Mix together the tamari, fish sauce, honey, lemongrass, ginger and chilli.
- Place the chicken in a lined baking dish and pour over the marinade. Bake for for 25 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan add the rice to 2 1/4 cups of water and simmer until all the water is evaporated
- Steam green vegetables and serve with the chicken and rice
For more main meal recipes, click here