If you’ve followed me for a while or have looked through my recipes, you’ll know that I’m all about simple, time-saving recipes! This sweet potato and salmon pattie recipe fits that brief perfectly! Plus they’re delicious and kid/family-friendly. And I mean that! I used to work as a nanny and would always give these to my 18 month and 4 year old, they loved them!
You can use any type of side salad, I’ve used a simple garden salad but a slaw or pear and rocket salad would also work well
If you’re gluten free, you can use gluten free breadcrumbs or quinoa flakes
This recipe works great for meal prep. You can cook the patties in bulk and freeze some, or store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Just make sure not to dress the salad until you’re ready to eat it, otherwise, it will go a bit soggy and soggy salad is not a good time
Sweet Potato and Salmon Patties
- 500 g sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- 415 g tinned pink or red salmon
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 bunch parsley chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 200 g cherry tomatoes sliced
- 450 g tin of baby beetroots drained
- 4 tsp salad dressing of your choice
- In a medium pan, boil the sweet potato until it’s soft.
- Mash sweet potato in a bowl and add the eggs, salmon, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper and mix until combined
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Once hot press the mixture into patties and pan-fry them until golden brown on each side.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl and serve with the patties